151st Hospices de Beaune Wine Auction
23.11.2011The 151st Hospices de Beaune Wine Auction, presided over by Inès de la Fressange and Christian Clavier, took place on Sunday November 20th.
761 « pièces » (228 litre barrels) - among which 143 barrels of white and 618 of red wines - were put up for sale. The bidding raised nearly 5 million euros, which is a satisfactory sum.
The average price declined by about 13% for the whites and 6% for the reds. This gentle decrease was expected due to the high volume offered for auction and also to the precarious world economy. The top charity lot was sold for 110 000 €.
The Maison Joseph Drouhin acquired :
• 20 pièces Beaune Premier Cru cuvée Maurice Drouhin
• 2 pièces Corton cuvée Charlotte Dumay
• 1 pièce Meursault-Charmes cuvée Albert Grivault
• 3 pièces Meursault-Charmes cuvée Bahèzre de Lanlay
• 1 pièce Corton cuvée Docteur Peste
• 7 pièces Pouilly-Fuissé cuvée Françoise Poisard
• 7 pièces Monthelie-les-Duresses cuvée Lebelin
The Maison Joseph Drouhin prides itself in its close relationship with the Hospices de Beaune and remains one of the most active wine houses involved in this auction.
Frédéric J. DROUHIN